When You Sign Up
2021 ADL Walk Against Hate
October 10, 2021
October 10, 2021
When you sign up to participate...
- A personal Walk webpage will be created for you.
- You can choose to join a team…or participate as an individual.
- You can then select your fundraising goal and customize your message and call to action.
- After that, be sure to send that webpage link to family and friends so they can securely donate to support your fundraising efforts.
- You can even share it on social media. (Please do!)
- Your progress to your fundraising goal will automatically update on your page and it will be included in our big $1m national Walk goal!
- As we get closer to the Walk date in October, we will share tools and tips for outreach and fundraising.
- You can keep everyone updated on your Walk progress, or share inspirational or informative messages with them right up to and including the day of the Walk — October 10, 2021.
If you choose to join a team…
- You will be asked to select the team you wish to join.
- A personal Walk page will be created for you just as if you were Walking as an individual.
- Your page will connect to the team and you will be a team member.
- All fundraising that you contribute will show on your personal Walk page AND be included in your team’s goal AND roll up to our big $1m national Walk goal!
If you choose to create a team…
- You are a rock star! (And the Team Captain.)
- You will be asked to name your team.
- You can then select your team fundraising goal and customize your team’s message and call to action. This will be different from your own personal goal and message, but no worries, you are a team member too so everything from above applies to you.
- You can invite as many people as you want to join your team. More team members = more fundraising = larger goal = more ADL can do to fight hate for good!
- You can communicate with team members through your page, including sharing meet up information for a Walk location or an informal Walk gathering.
- As we get closer to the Walk date in October, we will share tools and tips for outreach to motivate your team.
- Everything else also applies – share on social media, share with family and friends, post updates and track your progress to goal!