When You Register
2021 Philadelphia Walk Against Hate
October 10, 2021
October 10, 2021
When you register to participate...
- A personal Walk fundraising page will be created for you.
- You then set your fundraising goal and choose your Campaign Name (ie. Miriam's Walk Against Hate; The Wilson Family's Walk FUNraiser; Rob's Rad Ride).
- You can add Walkers under 18 to your registration AND add additional adult Walkers as well.
- You can choose to join or create a team…or not.
- You can then customize your fundraising page with a photo, personal message and call to action.
- After that, be sure to send that webpage to family and friends so they can securely donate to support your fundraising efforts.
- You can even share it on social media. (Please do!)
- Progress to your fundraising goal automatically updates on your page!
- You can keep everyone updated on your progress, or update with other inspirational or informative messages right up to and including the day of the Walk -- October 10, 2021.
If you choose to join a team…
- A personal Walk fundraising page will be created for you just as if you were walking as an individual.
- You will be asked to select the team you wish to join.
- Your personal page will be connected to the team and you will be a team member.
- All fundraising that you contribute will show on your personal Walk page!
If you choose to create a team…
- Know you are a rock star! (And the Team Captain.)
- You will be asked to name your team.
- You can then select your team fundraising goal and customize your team’s message and call to action.
- This will be different from your own personal goal and message, but no worries, a personal Walk fundraising page will still be created for you just as if you were walking as an individual and joining the team.
- You can invite as many people as you want to join your team. More team members = more fundraising = larger goal = more capacity for ADL to fight hate for good!
- You can communicate with team members through your page, including sharing meet up information either at a Walk location or for an informal Walk gathering.
- Everything else also applies – share on social media, share with family and friends, post updates, track progress to goal!